Hewlett HS- Swim Gym- Test out information:
Dear Parents/Guardians of Incoming Hewlett High School Students:
All incoming 9th grade students will have the opportunity to test out of swim instruction by either one of the following options:
Full Test Out without In Water Test
- Present certification of the American Red Cross Level 5 Certification or higher.
- Present certification of American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Course.
- Students must present evidence of their American Red Cross Level 5 Certification or American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Course to the Athletic Office by August 27, 2019.
Letters, emails and/or phone calls from camp directors, counselors and/or swim instructors, private swim instructors or any other entity that does not result in an official American Red Cross certification will not be accepted.
Full Test Out with In Water Test
The following are the requirements to complete this option:
Current HWPS Students:
- Students must successfully pass all components of the level five swim test administered by Hewlett High School Swim Teachers.
- Students will be given one opportunity to successfully pass the level five swim test.
- The exam is only given 1 time per year,
- Appointments and time slots are assigned on a first come first served basis, no exceptions.
Level 5 swim requirements can be found at:
Junior Lifeguard Information:
Swim certifications will not be accepted after August 27, 2019.
Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics