Hewlett HS- Swim Gym- Test out information:
Dear Parents/Guardians of Incoming Hewlett High School Students:
All incoming 9th grade students will have the opportunity to test out of swim instruction by either one of the following options:
? Full Test Out without In Water Test
- Present certification of the American Red Cross Level 5 Certification or higher.
- Present certification of American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Course.
- Students must present evidence of their American Red Cross Level 5 Certification or American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Course to the Athletic Office by August 28, 2018.
Letters, emails and/or phone calls from camp directors, counselors and/or swim instructors, private swim instructors or any other entity that does not result in an official American Red Cross certification will not be accepted.
? Full Test Out with In Water Test
The following are the requirements to complete this option:
Current HWPS Students:
- Students must successfully pass all components of the level five swim test administered by Hewlett High School Swim Teachers.
- Students will be given one opportunity to successfully pass the level five swim test.
- The exam is only given 1 time per year, June 5, 2018.
- Appointments and time slots are assigned on a first come first served basis, no exceptions.
Swim certifications will not be accepted after August 28, 2018.
Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics